- 1 What can you do in Laos for a week?
- 2 How many days do you need in Laos?
- 3 What should I avoid in Laos?
- 4 What is the best time of year to visit Laos?
- 5 What is the best itinerary for Thailand?
- 6 Is it expensive in Laos?
- 7 Do you need visa to go to Laos?
- 8 Is Luang Prabang worth visiting?
- 9 Is Laos safe for female Travellers?
- 10 Are there beaches in Laos?
- 11 Is Laos safe?
- 12 How much is a meal in Laos?
- 13 What is Laos known for?
- 14 Is Laos cheaper than India?
What can you do in Laos for a week?
Our quick guide to Luang Prabang includes a complete list of things to do, places to eat and drink and accommodation options in Luang Prabang.
- Mount Phou Si.
- Royal Palace Museum.
- Luang Prabang Old Town.
- Morning Market.
- Luang Prabang Night Market.
- Kuang Si Falls.
How many days do you need in Laos?
How Long to Spend in Laos. Most people spend one to two weeks in Laos and focus on the north or south during this time. If you want to visit most of Laos’ highlights, I recommend 3 to 4 weeks in Laos.
What should I avoid in Laos?
11 Things You Should Never Do in Laos
- Don’t touch a monk.
- Don’t trek without a guide.
- Don’t argue with police.
- Don’t touch anyone with your feet.
- Don’t wear your shoes inside a home or temple.
- Don’t shout, argue or rush.
- Don’t make public displays of affection.
- Don’t buy antiques or wildlife products.
What is the best time of year to visit Laos?
When is the best time to visit Laos? The small, landlocked country of Laos is best visited between October and April, when the weather’s warm and dry throughout. River travel is best between November and January, when high water levels make passage easy along Laos’ main waterway, the Mekong River.
What is the best itinerary for Thailand?
A Two-Week Travel Itinerary to Thailand
- Day 1: Arrive in Bangkok and go Shopping.
- Day 2: Visit Wat Arun, Wat Pho, and Wat Phra Kaew Before Having Dinner in Chinatown.
- Day 3: Fly to Phuket, Swim at Freedom Beach, and go out on Bangla Road.
- Day 4: Head to Koh Phi Phi and Take to the Viewpoints.
Is it expensive in Laos?
Though expensive relative to its neighbors, Laos is still a cheap country to visit. You really have to try to spend money here. Most attractions are near cities and don’t require you to go with an organized group. You can either rent a motorbike or hire any number of tuk-tuk drivers.
Do you need visa to go to Laos?
For US citizens you must have both a passport and visa to enter Laos; your passport must also have at least six months validity remaining. Travelers are encouraged to obtain visas in advance, however in some cases may obtain upon arrival.
Is Luang Prabang worth visiting?
Yes, Luang Prabang is Still Worth a Visit Luang Prabang is definitely still worth a visit. In fact, for us, it was one of our highlights of Laos. Even though it’s touristy, it never felt too busy. The old town was a perfect place to walk around, relax and enjoy the stunning river views.
Is Laos safe for female Travellers?
Laos is considered to be one of the safest Asian countries for women. Solo female travelers in Laos should follow standard safety protocol by avoiding walking in unlit areas at night and staying aware of their surroundings.
Are there beaches in Laos?
Yes, that’s right, Laos is landlocked with no coastline or beaches, unless sitting on a sandbank by the Mekong is your idea of a beach holiday. However, don’t despair because a tour of Laos can easily be combined with a beach resort in Cambodia, Vietnam or Thailand.
Is Laos safe?
Crime and safety. Laos is a relatively safe country for travellers, although certain areas remain off-limits because of unexploded ordnance left over from decades of warfare. As a visitor, however, you’re an obvious target for thieves (who may include your fellow travellers), so do take necessary precautions.
How much is a meal in Laos?
While meal prices in Laos can vary, the average cost of food in Laos is ₭96,690 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Laos should cost around ₭38,676 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
What is Laos known for?
Laos is also famous for having the tallest treehouse in the world, the oldest human fossil in Southeast Asia, and is considered one of the fastest-growing economies in all of Asia. They also have papayas – lots and lots of papayas – some of which are absolutely ginormous!
Is Laos cheaper than India?
India is 52.4% cheaper than Laos.