- 1 What are the 3 most populated cities?
- 2 How many cities are there in Laos?
- 3 What is the biggest city of Laos?
- 4 Which is the No 1 city in the world?
- 5 Is London bigger than Chicago?
- 6 What is a person from Laos called?
- 7 What language is spoken in Laos?
- 8 Is Laos a poor country?
- 9 What religion is Laos?
- 10 Is Laos a country or city?
- 11 How many rivers are there in Laos?
- 12 Is Laos safe?
What are the 3 most populated cities?
The 10 Most Populous Cities in the World
- 8: Mumbai, India.
- 7: Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- 6: Cairo, Egypt.
- 5: Mexico City, Mexico.
- 4: Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- 3: Shanghai, China.
- 2: Delhi, India.
- 1: Tokyo, Japan. And the winner is: the most populous city in the world is Tokyo, which has a staggering population of 37.4 million.
How many cities are there in Laos?
In total, there are 20 cities in Laos.
What is the biggest city of Laos?
Vientiane, also spelled Viangchan, largest city and capital of Laos, situated on a plain just northeast of the Mekong River.
Which is the No 1 city in the world?
1. London. As the “capital of capitals” negotiates the uncharted terrain of a post-Brexit world, for now it still reigns atop the planet’s best cities for the fifth year running. London is #1 again, for the sixth year in a row.
Is London bigger than Chicago?
Chicago (city) is 0.39 times as big as London (UK) The City of London, London’s ancient core and financial centre − an area of just 1.12 square miles (2.9 km2) and colloquially known as the Square Mile − retains boundaries that closely follow its medieval limits.
What is a person from Laos called?
The correct term for people that live in Laos is ‘ Laotian ‘. The term ‘indigenous peoples’ is not used by the Laotian government. Instead, they refer to non-Lao people as ‘ethnic minorities’.
What language is spoken in Laos?
Laos is also famous for having the tallest treehouse in the world, the oldest human fossil in Southeast Asia, and is considered one of the fastest-growing economies in all of Asia. They also have papayas – lots and lots of papayas – some of which are absolutely ginormous!
Is Laos a poor country?
Despite rapid growth, Laos remains one of the poorest countries in Southeast Asia. A landlocked country, it has inadequate infrastructure and a largely unskilled work force.
What religion is Laos?
Theravada Buddhism is the dominant religion of the ethnic or “lowland” Lao, who constitute 53.2 percent of the overall population. According to the LFNC and MOHA, the remainder of the population comprises at least 48 ethnic minority groups, most of which practice animism and ancestor worship.
Is Laos a country or city?
Laos, landlocked country of northeast -central mainland Southeast Asia. It consists of an irregularly round portion in the north that narrows into a peninsula-like region stretching to the southeast. Overall, the country extends about 650 miles (1,050 km) from northwest to southeast.
How many rivers are there in Laos?
Main rivers that have bigger catchmentarea of more than 5000 km², are the following 11 rivers: Nam Ou River Basin is located Northern region, Lao PDR; Nam Suang is located Northern region; Nam Khan is located Lang Prabang Province; Nam Ngum is located Northern-Central part; Nam Nhiep are located Phonesavan of
Is Laos safe?
Crime and safety. Laos is a relatively safe country for travellers, although certain areas remain off-limits because of unexploded ordnance left over from decades of warfare. As a visitor, however, you’re an obvious target for thieves (who may include your fellow travellers), so do take necessary precautions.