- 1 What should I wear in Laos?
- 2 Can you wear shorts in Laos?
- 3 What should you wear to a waterfall?
- 4 What do you wear in Vietnam and Cambodia?
- 5 Why is Laos so dangerous?
- 6 Can you drink tap water in Laos?
- 7 Is Laos safe for female Travellers?
- 8 How cold does it get in Laos?
- 9 What to wear hiking waterfalls?
- 10 How do you stay safe during a waterfall?
- 11 What should I pack for a day hike?
- 12 Should I tip in Vietnam?
- 13 What should you not wear in Vietnam?
- 14 Is it OK to wear shorts in Vietnam?
What should I wear in Laos?
Lightweight and loose-fitting clothes are the best all-round option in Laos, including cottons and linens to combat the humidity. Laos is not a very dressy place unless you are living the high life in Vientiane or Luang Prabang, so smart clothes are not really a necessity.
Can you wear shorts in Laos?
Shorts and short sleeved tops etc are acceptable in Laos and you will see many people around the country wearing them. The only place you will have to cover up more is in temples. When visiting a temple ensure you have something to cover your elbows and knees or you may not be allowed entry.
What should you wear to a waterfall?
DO WEAR Tevas, Chacos, or Keen-type water shoes or sandals that are made for this type of terrain. Sandals are fine as long as there are straps over the toes and around the heels to prevent your feet from sliding around once they’re wet. DO WEAR Running or athletic shoes that can get wet & muddy.
What do you wear in Vietnam and Cambodia?
Choose items like knee-length shorts, long skirts and tops with sleeves and modest necklines, which are also ideal for wearing in Cambodian temples. Also, Northern Vietnam can be chilly, so if traveling there, bring a coat, shoes and long pants.
Why is Laos so dangerous?
There is no trauma center in the country and should you get into an accident, you’ll have to get across the border to Thailand for treatment. There is rampant drinking and driving in Laos, which makes the roads more dangerous at night. Many people, including children, drive without a license.
Can you drink tap water in Laos?
Tap water safety in all of Laos According to the WHO, tap water is safe for consumption for 16% of the country. There is a divide between rural and urban areas, tap water is safe to drink in 26% of urban areas, while it’s only safe to drink in 11% of rural areas.
Is Laos safe for female Travellers?
Laos is considered to be one of the safest Asian countries for women. Solo female travelers in Laos should follow standard safety protocol by avoiding walking in unlit areas at night and staying aware of their surroundings.
How cold does it get in Laos?
Winter in Laos Temperature range is between 22 and 25 °C (72-75 °F). Mountainous areas are naturally cooler with 15 to 21 °C (59-70 °F) depending on altitude of certain location with occasional rains.
What to wear hiking waterfalls?
Read on and find out!
- Sturdy Hiking Boots.
- GPS Vehicle Navigation.
- Chemical Protection: Sunscreen, Lip Balm, and Insect Repellant.
- Physical Sun Protection: Hat and Sunglasses.
- Wool Socks.
- Reusable Water Bottle.
- Waterproof Gear: Rain Poncho and Waterproof Pants.
- Day Pack.
How do you stay safe during a waterfall?
- Stay on developed trails and don’t stray from observation decks and platforms.
- Pay attention to the warning signs and rules you see posted near waterfalls.
- Never climb on or around waterfalls.
- Never jump off waterfalls or dive into plunge pools.
- Watch children carefully.
What should I pack for a day hike?
What to Bring Day Hiking
- Hiking backpack.
- Weather-appropriate clothing (think moisture-wicking and layers)
- Hiking boots or shoes.
- Plenty of food.
- Plenty of water.
- Navigation tools such as a map and compass.
- First-aid kit.
- Knife or multi-tool.
Should I tip in Vietnam?
Generally, tipping is not expected in Vietnam, but is very much appreciated. Many Vietnam workers do not earn much money and always appreciate the extra money to be made in tips. The official currency in Vietnam is the Vietnam dong (d). However, United States dollars are also accepted in most places.
What should you not wear in Vietnam?
Remember that short shorts, crop tops and tank tops are not considered appropriate in Vietnam. Loose, long clothing is both respectful and tends to keep you cooler in hot climates.
Is it OK to wear shorts in Vietnam?
Vietnam is a conservative country, so it’s important to dress conservatively while traveling around the country. The dress code is a little more relaxed in major cities, but don’t wear short-shorts, low-cut tops or revealling dresses to the local fish market.