- 1 What is Vientiane known for?
- 2 Is Vientiane worth visiting?
- 3 What can you do in Vientiane in one day?
- 4 What is there to do in Vientiane at night?
- 5 What is Laos known for?
- 6 What language is spoken in Laos?
- 7 How many days do you need in Vientiane?
- 8 How much does a trip to Laos cost?
- 9 What is there to do in Vientiane in 2 days?
- 10 Where do expats live in Vientiane?
- 11 What is the Laos currency?
What is Vientiane known for?
Vientiane is noted as the home of the most significant national monuments in Laos – That Luang – which is a known symbol of Laos and an icon of Buddhism in Laos. Other significant Buddhist temples in Laos can be found there as well, such as Haw Phra Kaew, which formerly housed the Emerald Buddha.
Is Vientiane worth visiting?
Vientiane is definitely worth a couple of days. There is lots to see. However IF you only have 4 days, then i would suggest only Luang Prabang. ideally 3 days Luang prabang and 2 days vientiane would be a good break down.
What can you do in Vientiane in one day?
7 Best Things to Do in Vientiane in One Day
- Visit the Laos National Museum.
- Visit a Wat.
- Climb Patuxai (Victory Gate).
- Visit the COPE Visitor Centre.
- Finish at the Night Market.
- Consider visiting Buddha Park.
What is there to do in Vientiane at night?
Where to Go at Night in in Vientiane
- Lao Bowling Center.
- The Spirit House Bar & Restaurant.
- Vientiane Night Market.
- Chokdee Café
- Moonlight Lounge.
- Vangthong Evening Food Market.
- Bor Pen Nyang.
- Kong View Restaurant.
What is Laos known for?
Laos is also famous for having the tallest treehouse in the world, the oldest human fossil in Southeast Asia, and is considered one of the fastest-growing economies in all of Asia. They also have papayas – lots and lots of papayas – some of which are absolutely ginormous!
What language is spoken in Laos?
There is no trauma center in the country and should you get into an accident, you’ll have to get across the border to Thailand for treatment. There is rampant drinking and driving in Laos, which makes the roads more dangerous at night. Many people, including children, drive without a license.
How many days do you need in Vientiane?
Three days in Vientiane is enough time to discover the city, explore a bit of the surrounding countryside, and delve more deeply into Lao food, handicrafts, and culture.
How much does a trip to Laos cost?
Overall Cost of Travel in Laos Laos is a country so laid back; if you’d like to follow their lifestyle and chill out, it’s possible to see it for about $10 per day (or a little less). I spent about $10 – $15 (80,000 to 120,000 Kip) per day, seeing plenty of things!
What is there to do in Vientiane in 2 days?
The Best Things to do in Vientiane
- Visit COPE in Vientiane.
- Get The Best Views of Vientiane from Patuxai.
- Eat Banh Mi in Vientiane.
- Visit the Buddha Park in Vientiane – Xieng Khuang.
- Visit the BeerLao factory near Vientiane.
- Visit Phra That Luang in Vientiane.
- Visit the Vientiane Night Market.
Where do expats live in Vientiane?
The Sikhottabong district, home to the Wattay International Airport, is one of the major residential and business areas in Vientiane. The district is popular among expats for its dazzling riverfront scenery.
What is the Laos currency?
(ˌvjɛntɪˈɑːn ) or Viangchan (ˌwiːɛŋˌtæn ) noun. the administrative capital of Laos, in the south near the border with Thailand: capital of the kingdom of Vientiane from 1707 until taken by the Thais in 1827.