- 1 What mountain range is located in Laos?
- 2 Where is the highest mountain in Laos?
- 3 Where is the Annamese Cordillera mountain range located?
- 4 What mountain range separates Vietnam Laos and Cambodia?
- 5 What language is spoken in Laos?
- 6 How many rivers are in Laos?
- 7 What are Laos natural resources?
- 8 What are some popular foods in Laos?
- 9 What does Annamite mean?
- 10 What is called mountain range?
- 11 What mountain chain can be found in the eastern portion of Australia?
- 12 What is the longest river in Southeast Asia?
- 13 What is the Arakan Yoma and Annamese Cordillera?
- 14 Where are the mountains in Vietnam?
What mountain range is located in Laos?
The topography of Laos is largely mountainous, with the Annamite Range in the northeast and east and the Luang Prabang Range in the northwest, among other ranges typically characterized by steep terrain. Elevations are typically above 500 metres with narrow river valleys and low agricultural potential.
Where is the highest mountain in Laos?
Mount Bia, Lao Bia Phou, highest peak (9,245 feet [2,818 metres]) in Laos, located among the western spurs of the Annamese Cordillera (Chaîne Annamitique) immediately south of the Xiangkhoang Plateau.
Where is the Annamese Cordillera mountain range located?
Annamese Cordillera, French Chaîne Annamitique, Vietnamese Giai Truong Son, principal mountain range of Indochina and the watershed between the Mekong River and the South China Sea. It extends parallel to the coast in a gentle curve generally northwest-southeast, forming the boundary between Laos and Vietnam.
What mountain range separates Vietnam Laos and Cambodia?
The Annamite Range or the Annamese Mountains (French: Chaîne annamitique; Lao: ພູ ຫລວງ Phou Luang; Vietnamese: Dãy (núi) Trường Sơn) is a major mountain range of eastern Indochina, extending approximately 1,100 km (680 mi) through Laos, Vietnam, and a small area in northeast Cambodia.
What language is spoken in Laos?
Crime and safety. Laos is a relatively safe country for travellers, although certain areas remain off-limits because of unexploded ordnance left over from decades of warfare. As a visitor, however, you’re an obvious target for thieves (who may include your fellow travellers), so do take necessary precautions.
How many rivers are in Laos?
Main rivers that have bigger catchmentarea of more than 5000 km², are the following 11 rivers: Nam Ou River Basin is located Northern region, Lao PDR; Nam Suang is located Northern region; Nam Khan is located Lang Prabang Province; Nam Ngum is located Northern-Central part; Nam Nhiep are located Phonesavan of
What are Laos natural resources?
Laos has rugged mountainous terrain with rich mineral resources. Crucial minerals previously exploited include copper, gold, iron and silver, while other minerals for commodities are coal, gypsum, lead, potash, sapphire, tin and zinc.
What are some popular foods in Laos?
Top 10 foods to eat in Laos
- Kaipen. As the sun sets, a bowl of dried river weed from the Mekong river is easy to devour alongside a local beer or two.
- Khao soi Luang Prabang.
- Khao ji pâté
- Laos dips with sticky rice.
- Kua pak bong.
- Hua moo Luang Prabang.
- Nem luang.
- Tam mak hoong.
What does Annamite mean?
1 or Annamite ˈa-nə-ˌmīt : a native or inhabitant of Annam. 2: vietnamese sense 2.
What is called mountain range?
A mountain range or hill range is a series of mountains or hills ranged in a line and connected by high ground. Mountain ranges are usually segmented by highlands or mountain passes and valleys.
What mountain chain can be found in the eastern portion of Australia?
The Great Dividing Range, also known as the East Australian Cordillera or the Eastern Highlands, is a cordillera system in eastern Australia consisting of an expansive collection of mountain ranges, plateaus and rolling hills, that runs roughly parallel to the east coast of Australia and forms the fifth-longest land-
What is the longest river in Southeast Asia?
The Mekong River is the longest river in Southeast Asia. The river has a length of approximately 4,900 km, flowing from its source on the Tibetan Plateau in China through Myanmar, Lao PDR, Thailand, Cambodia and Viet Nam via a large delta into the sea.
What is the Arakan Yoma and Annamese Cordillera?
Explanation: The Arakan Yoma and Annamese Cordillera are examples of mountain ranges. The Arakan mountains are located in Western Myanmar. On the other hand, the Annamese Cordillera is a mountain range that forms the boundary between Laos and Vietnam.
Where are the mountains in Vietnam?
1. Fansipan. Located about 9 kilometres west of Sapa town, Fansipan Mountain is the tallest mountain in Vietnam and belongs to Hoang Lien Son Mountain Range. Standing at an impressive 3,143m in height, this gigantic wonder is touted to be “the Rooftop of Indochina”.