- 1 How do you cross the border from Thailand to Laos?
- 2 Is Udon Thani worth visiting?
- 3 What should I avoid in Laos?
- 4 How long is bus from Bangkok to Laos?
- 5 Do I need a visa to travel to Laos?
- 6 Can you fly from Thailand to Laos?
- 7 What is open in Udon Thani?
- 8 What language is spoken in Udon Thani?
- 9 How do I get from Vientiane to Udon Thani?
- 10 Is Laos cheap?
- 11 What is the best time to visit Laos?
- 12 Is Laos safe for female Travellers?
- 13 What can you do in Laos in 3 days?
- 14 How do I get to Vientiane?
- 15 Does Laos have railways?
How do you cross the border from Thailand to Laos?
To enter Laos via Chiang Rai, you will need to go to the Chiang Khong border crossing in northern Thailand. You will enter Laos over the Mekong near the golden triangle. It may also be worth a day trip to some of the border towns in this area.
Is Udon Thani worth visiting?
Presently, Udon Thani is an important cultural and religious hub of Thailand, known for Buddhist temple complex, pagoda, lakes and sprawling orchid farms. Other than this, there are plethora of exciting and fun things to do in Udon Thani that make the holiday worth in every aspect.
What should I avoid in Laos?
11 Things You Should Never Do in Laos
- Don’t touch a monk.
- Don’t trek without a guide.
- Don’t argue with police.
- Don’t touch anyone with your feet.
- Don’t wear your shoes inside a home or temple.
- Don’t shout, argue or rush.
- Don’t make public displays of affection.
- Don’t buy antiques or wildlife products.
How long is bus from Bangkok to Laos?
The best way to get from Bangkok to Laos without a car is to bus which takes 11h 36m and costs ฿460 – ฿1100.
Do I need a visa to travel to Laos?
Tourist visas are required. Tourist visas on arrival are available at certain ports of entry, and generally permit a stay of 30 days. You can extend the visa up to an additional 60 days through the Department of Immigration in Vientiane. At certain ports of entry, you can use an eVisa.
Can you fly from Thailand to Laos?
From Thailand Lao Airlines operates flights from Bangkok to Vientiane, Luang Prabang and Savannakhet, from Chiang Mai to Vientiane and Luang Prabang, and from Udon Thani to Luang Prabang. All flights take between one hour and one hour forty minutes.
What is open in Udon Thani?
10 THINGS TO DO IN UDON THANI
- Kham Chanot (คำชะโนด)
- Red Lotus sea (ทะเลบัวแดง)
- Wat Pa Phu Kon (วัดป่าภูก้อน)
- Phu Phra Bat Historical Park (อุทยานประวัติศาสตร์ภูพระบาท)
- Wat PhothiSomphon (วัดโพธิสมภรณ์)
- Wat Pa Ban Tat (วัดป่าบ้านตาด)
- Walking Street (ถนนคนเดิน)
- Ban Na Kha Textile Market (ตลาดผ้าบ้านนาข่า)
What language is spoken in Udon Thani?
To throw a small spanner in the works, the people in Udon Thani and surrounding areas speak Issan, a slightly different version of the Thai language, although any Thai from any part of the country will understand what is being said (no different to England).
How do I get from Vientiane to Udon Thani?
The cost-effective way to get from Udon Thani to Vientiane is to bus, which costs ฿50 – ฿80 and takes 3h. What is the fastest way to get from Udon Thani to Vientiane? The quickest way to get from Udon Thani to Vientiane is to bus which costs ฿50 – ฿80 and takes 3h.
Is Laos cheap?
Though expensive relative to its neighbors, Laos is still a cheap country to visit. You really have to try to spend money here. Most attractions are near cities and don’t require you to go with an organized group. You can either rent a motorbike or hire any number of tuk-tuk drivers.
What is the best time to visit Laos?
The small, landlocked country of Laos is best visited between October and April, when the weather’s warm and dry throughout. River travel is best between November and January, when high water levels make passage easy along Laos’ main waterway, the Mekong River.
Is Laos safe for female Travellers?
Laos is considered to be one of the safest Asian countries for women. Solo female travelers in Laos should follow standard safety protocol by avoiding walking in unlit areas at night and staying aware of their surroundings.
What can you do in Laos in 3 days?
8 things you must do on a 3 day visit to Luang Prabang
- Walk through the old town of Luang Prabang.
- Take sunset cruise in the Mekong.
- Explore Luang Prabang night market.
- Alms-giving ceremony.
- Walk up Mount Phousi.
- Visit Kuang Si Waterfall.
- Go to Laos’ only Buffalo farm.
- Take a boat trip to Pha Tad Ke Botanical garden.
How do I get to Vientiane?
There are basically two ways to get to Vientiane from outside of Laos. One is by direct flight from nearby countries; the other is to cross the Thai – Lao Friendship Bridge connecting Vientiane with Nong khai, Thailand.
- Travel to Vientiane by Plane.
- Travel to Vientiane by Train.
- Travel to Vientiane by Bus.
Does Laos have railways?
Laos Railways Co., Ltd. The Boten–Vientiane railway (often referred to as the China– Laos railway ) is a 414 kilometres (257 mi) 1,435 mm ( 4 ft 81⁄2 in) standard gauge electrified railway under construction in Laos, between the capital Vientiane and the small town of Boten on the border with China.