- 1 What major tourist sites in Laos are located on the Mekong?
- 2 Can you travel to Laos now?
- 3 Is Laos dangerous to visit?
- 4 What is the main transportation in Laos?
- 5 What is Laos famous for?
- 6 What food is Laos famous for?
- 7 Can I get a visa on arrival in Laos?
- 8 How expensive is Laos?
- 9 Does Laos allow dual citizenship?
- 10 What should I avoid in Laos?
- 11 How much is a meal in Laos?
- 12 What is the best time to visit Laos?
- 13 How are goods transported in Laos?
- 14 Is water transportation essential in Laos?
- 15 What is the education like in Laos?
What major tourist sites in Laos are located on the Mekong?
10 Top Tourist Attractions in Laos
- Vieng Xai. flickr/Peter Garnhum.
- Pak Ou Caves. The Pak Ou Caves are located north of Luang Prabang on the Mekong river and can be reached by road or river boat.
- Wat Phu. flickr/prezius.
- Pha That Luang. flickr/A_E_P.
- Wat Xieng Thong.
- Plain of Jars.
- Si Phan Don.
- Vang Vieng.
Can you travel to Laos now?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 1 Travel Health Notice for Laos for COVID-19, indicating a low level of COVID-19 in the country. Your risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe symptoms may be lower if you are fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized vaccine.
Is Laos dangerous to visit?
Laos is a relatively safe country for travellers, although certain areas remain off-limits because of unexploded ordnance left over from decades of warfare. Petty crime is more common in Vang Vieng than just about anywhere else in Laos, with drunk (or stoned) tourists often leaving themselves open to theft and robbery.
What is the main transportation in Laos?
The buss is the main transportation in Laos and is very useful when you are traveling from its neighbors such as Thailand, Vietnam, or Cambodia. It is cost-saving compared to other transportation. But along with saving cost, it also takes a long hour to arrive in Laos.
What is Laos famous for?
What is Laos Most Famous For?
- Luang Prabang.
- That Luang.
- Vang Vieng.
- Wat Sisaket.
- Bolaven Plateau and Tad Fane Waterfall.
- Buddha Park (Xieng Khuan)
- The Plain Of Jars.
What food is Laos famous for?
Top 10 foods to eat in Laos
- Kaipen. As the sun sets, a bowl of dried river weed from the Mekong river is easy to devour alongside a local beer or two.
- Khao soi Luang Prabang.
- Khao ji pâté
- Laos dips with sticky rice.
- Kua pak bong.
- Hua moo Luang Prabang.
- Nem luang.
- Tam mak hoong.
Can I get a visa on arrival in Laos?
Many nationalities are eligible for a Laos visa on arrival which can be obtained, as the name suggests, directly at the border upon arrival. The visa on arrival at the border allows for great flexibility in making travel arrangements as visitors do not need to plan their visa ahead.
How expensive is Laos?
Overall Cost of Travel in Laos Laos is a country so laid back; if you’d like to follow their lifestyle and chill out, it’s possible to see it for about $10 per day (or a little less). I spent about $10 – $15 (80,000 to 120,000 Kip) per day, seeing plenty of things!
Does Laos allow dual citizenship?
Laos does not allow its citizens to have dual nationality.
What should I avoid in Laos?
11 Things You Should Never Do in Laos
- Don’t touch a monk.
- Don’t trek without a guide.
- Don’t argue with police.
- Don’t touch anyone with your feet.
- Don’t wear your shoes inside a home or temple.
- Don’t shout, argue or rush.
- Don’t make public displays of affection.
- Don’t buy antiques or wildlife products.
How much is a meal in Laos?
While meal prices in Laos can vary, the average cost of food in Laos is ₭96,690 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Laos should cost around ₭38,676 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
What is the best time to visit Laos?
The small, landlocked country of Laos is best visited between October and April, when the weather’s warm and dry throughout. River travel is best between November and January, when high water levels make passage easy along Laos’ main waterway, the Mekong River.
How are goods transported in Laos?
Transportation choices including bus and truck are becoming popular with travelers. The capital Vientiane is connected by asphalt road with other cities like Luang Prabang, Vang Vieng and Savannakhet. Be mindful that traveling by highway takes up to more than 10 hours than by plane.
Is water transportation essential in Laos?
Laos is a country in Asia, which possesses a number of modern transportation systems, including several highways and a number of airports. As a landlocked country, Laos possesses no ports or harbours on the sea, and the difficulty of navigation on the Mekong means that this is also not a significant transport route.
What is the education like in Laos?
In the current structure of Lao education, primary education is for five years (compulsory), followed by three years of lower secondary, three years of upper secondary, and then three to seven years of postsecondary education, dependent upon the field of study.