- 1 How do you get to Luang Prabang?
- 2 What is the main airport in Laos?
- 3 Where do you fly into for Laos?
- 4 Is Luang Prabang worth visiting?
- 5 How many days do you need in Luang Prabang?
- 6 What language is spoken in Laos?
- 7 What is the best time to visit Laos?
- 8 Can you drink alcohol in Laos?
- 9 Do I need a visa to travel to Laos?
- 10 How long is flight to Laos?
- 11 How much does a trip to Laos cost?
- 12 Is Luang Prabang expensive?
- 13 Do you pronounce the s in Laos?
- 14 What can you do in Laos in 3 days?
How do you get to Luang Prabang?
Getting There in Luang Prabang
- By Plane.
- Lao Airlines (tel. 021/212-057 or 214-427 for reservations; www.laoairlines.com) has daily flights from Vientiane to Luang Prabang for $76 one-way.
- Bangkok Airways (57/6 Sisavangvong Rd.; tel.
- By Bus.
- By Boat.
- Lao Speedboat Risks — Alternatively you can take a Lao speedboat.
What is the main airport in Laos?
Wattay International Airport (IATA: VTE, ICAO: VLVT) is one of the few international airports in Laos and the country’s main international gateway, serving the capital Vientiane, located 3 km (2 mi) outside of the city centre.
Where do you fly into for Laos?
By air. Most people travel to Laos via Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi International Airport). Thai International Airways (THAI) and Lao Airlines operate flights between Bangkok and Vientiane Wattay International Airport (VTE). Bangkok Airways operates flights between Bangkok and Luang Prabang International Airport.
Is Luang Prabang worth visiting?
Yes, Luang Prabang is Still Worth a Visit Luang Prabang is definitely still worth a visit. In fact, for us, it was one of our highlights of Laos. Even though it’s touristy, it never felt too busy. The old town was a perfect place to walk around, relax and enjoy the stunning river views.
How many days do you need in Luang Prabang?
In my opinion, 3 days in Luang Prabang is the perfect amount of time. You will be able to see some of the gorgeous nature, explore the impressive temples, and take in the beauty of this UNESCO World Heritage City. I have actually spent a reasonable amount of time in Luang Prabang over individual trips to Laos.
What language is spoken in Laos?
Though expensive relative to its neighbors, Laos is still a cheap country to visit. You really have to try to spend money here. Most attractions are near cities and don’t require you to go with an organized group. You can either rent a motorbike or hire any number of tuk-tuk drivers.
What is the best time to visit Laos?
The small, landlocked country of Laos is best visited between October and April, when the weather’s warm and dry throughout. River travel is best between November and January, when high water levels make passage easy along Laos’ main waterway, the Mekong River.
Can you drink alcohol in Laos?
Alcohol is free flowing and you may be encouraged to drink more than you’d like (although it’s also fine to tell your host you’re done drinking). You also might find that illegal drugs, especially marijuana and opium, are prevalent.
Do I need a visa to travel to Laos?
Tourist visas are required. Tourist visas on arrival are available at certain ports of entry, and generally permit a stay of 30 days. You can extend the visa up to an additional 60 days through the Department of Immigration in Vientiane. At certain ports of entry, you can use an eVisa.
How long is flight to Laos?
How long is the flight to Laos? An average nonstop flight from the United States to Laos takes 41h 59m, covering a distance of 8105 miles.
How much does a trip to Laos cost?
Overall Cost of Travel in Laos Laos is a country so laid back; if you’d like to follow their lifestyle and chill out, it’s possible to see it for about $10 per day (or a little less). I spent about $10 – $15 (80,000 to 120,000 Kip) per day, seeing plenty of things!
Is Luang Prabang expensive?
By Southeast Asia standards some aspects of Luang Prabang are quite expensive, but by any other standards it’s still cheap and a great bargain. There are even a handful of very cheap hotels suited for a backpacker budget, but don’t expect much quality at the bottom end.
Do you pronounce the s in Laos?
Of course, ‘Lao’ is perfectly correct in English when used as an adjective. For example, a Lao person, the Lao language, a Lao poem, etc. In English, when describing this Asian nation, the correct pronunciation is ‘Laos’ with a voiced ‘s’.
What can you do in Laos in 3 days?
8 things you must do on a 3 day visit to Luang Prabang
- Walk through the old town of Luang Prabang.
- Take sunset cruise in the Mekong.
- Explore Luang Prabang night market.
- Alms-giving ceremony.
- Walk up Mount Phousi.
- Visit Kuang Si Waterfall.
- Go to Laos’ only Buffalo farm.
- Take a boat trip to Pha Tad Ke Botanical garden.