- 1 How many days should I spend in Laos?
- 2 Is 2 weeks in Laos enough?
- 3 How much should I budget for a trip to Laos?
- 4 How can I spend my 2 weeks in Laos?
- 5 Is Laos more expensive than Thailand?
- 6 How much is a Laos visa on arrival?
- 7 What is there to do in Vientiane in 2 days?
- 8 What is the best time to visit Laos?
- 9 Can I get a visa on arrival in Laos?
- 10 Are there beaches in Laos?
- 11 Is Laos safe?
- 12 What can you do in Laos for a week?
How many days should I spend in Laos?
10 days to two weeks is an ideal time to spend in Laos on an introductory trip. The three stops are very well worn stops for the average backpacking tourist and you’ll find loads to do. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy it enough to make a return trip and visit some more out of the way places (as I did).
Is 2 weeks in Laos enough?
Two weeks isn’t nearly enough time to experience everything that Laos has to offer, but it will be plenty of time to fall in love with the country and its easygoing people. Follow this 14-day itinerary to see, eat and do new things in Southeast Asia’s least populated and least developed country.
How much should I budget for a trip to Laos?
How Much Does Laos Cost? If you’re a backpacker on a budget, I think $30-35 USD (315,000 LAK) per day is a reasonable budget. This budget will cover a hostel dorm, eating mostly street food, having a few drinks per night, taking public transit, and doing about one paid activity (or a couple of cheap temples) per day.
How can I spend my 2 weeks in Laos?
2 week Laos travel itinerary
- Day 1: Slow boat from Huay Xai to Pak Beng.
- Day 2: Slow boat from Pak Beng to Luang Prabang.
- Day 3-7: Explore Luang Prabang.
- Day 8: Travel from Luang Prabang to Vang Vieng.
- Day 9-11: Explore Vang Vieng.
- Day 12: Travel from Vang Vieng to Vientiane.
- Day 13-14: Explore Vientiane.
Is Laos more expensive than Thailand?
Should I visit Thailand or Laos? This is a popular question for many travelers. By figuring out which country is more expensive, you’ll understand where you’ll get more bang for your buck. A week in Laos can cost you about $185 (per person), while a week in Thailand may cost you around $686.
How much is a Laos visa on arrival?
Note that all visitors must hold a passport that is valid for at least six months from the time of entry into Laos. Visas on arrival take just a few minutes to process, cost around $35, and are available to passengers flying into Luang Prabang Airport, Pakse Airport and Wattay Airport in Vientiane.
What is there to do in Vientiane in 2 days?
The Best Things to do in Vientiane
- Visit COPE in Vientiane.
- Get The Best Views of Vientiane from Patuxai.
- Eat Banh Mi in Vientiane.
- Visit the Buddha Park in Vientiane – Xieng Khuang.
- Visit the BeerLao factory near Vientiane.
- Visit Phra That Luang in Vientiane.
- Visit the Vientiane Night Market.
What is the best time to visit Laos?
The small, landlocked country of Laos is best visited between October and April, when the weather’s warm and dry throughout. River travel is best between November and January, when high water levels make passage easy along Laos’ main waterway, the Mekong River.
Can I get a visa on arrival in Laos?
Many nationalities are eligible for a Laos visa on arrival which can be obtained, as the name suggests, directly at the border upon arrival. The visa on arrival at the border allows for great flexibility in making travel arrangements as visitors do not need to plan their visa ahead.
Are there beaches in Laos?
Yes, that’s right, Laos is landlocked with no coastline or beaches, unless sitting on a sandbank by the Mekong is your idea of a beach holiday. However, don’t despair because a tour of Laos can easily be combined with a beach resort in Cambodia, Vietnam or Thailand.
Is Laos safe?
Crime and safety. Laos is a relatively safe country for travellers, although certain areas remain off-limits because of unexploded ordnance left over from decades of warfare. As a visitor, however, you’re an obvious target for thieves (who may include your fellow travellers), so do take necessary precautions.
What can you do in Laos for a week?
Our quick guide to Luang Prabang includes a complete list of things to do, places to eat and drink and accommodation options in Luang Prabang.
- Mount Phou Si.
- Royal Palace Museum.
- Luang Prabang Old Town.
- Morning Market.
- Luang Prabang Night Market.
- Kuang Si Falls.