- 1 Is Laos safe for tourists?
- 2 Where should I stay in Laos?
- 3 Is Laos expensive to travel?
- 4 What should I avoid in Laos?
- 5 Do I need malaria tablets for Laos?
- 6 How much is a meal in Laos?
- 7 What is the Laos currency?
- 8 How many days do you need in Laos?
- 9 Is Laos cheaper than Vietnam?
- 10 Is Laos safe for female Travellers?
- 11 What is the best time to visit Laos?
- 12 Is Laos cheaper than India?
Is Laos safe for tourists?
Laos is a relatively safe country for travellers, although certain areas remain off-limits because of unexploded ordnance left over from decades of warfare. As tranquil as Laos can seem, petty theft and serious crimes do happen throughout the country – even on seemingly deserted country roads.
Where should I stay in Laos?
6 special places to stay in Laos
- Settha Palace Hotel, Vientiane.
- Ban Pako (Lao Pako) Eco Lodge.
- Luang Say Residence, Luang Prabang.
- Muang La Resort, Muang La.
- The River Resort, near Champasak.
- The Last Resort, Don Det.
Is Laos expensive to travel?
Though expensive relative to its neighbors, Laos is still a cheap country to visit. You really have to try to spend money here. Most attractions are near cities and don’t require you to go with an organized group. You can either rent a motorbike or hire any number of tuk-tuk drivers.
What should I avoid in Laos?
11 Things You Should Never Do in Laos
- Don’t touch a monk.
- Don’t trek without a guide.
- Don’t argue with police.
- Don’t touch anyone with your feet.
- Don’t wear your shoes inside a home or temple.
- Don’t shout, argue or rush.
- Don’t make public displays of affection.
- Don’t buy antiques or wildlife products.
Do I need malaria tablets for Laos?
CDC recommends that travelers going to certain areas of Laos take prescription medicine to prevent malaria. Depending on the medicine you take, you will need to start taking this medicine multiple days before your trip, as well as during and after your trip.
How much is a meal in Laos?
While meal prices in Laos can vary, the average cost of food in Laos is ₭96,690 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Laos should cost around ₭38,676 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
What is the Laos currency?
Overall, the country extends about 650 miles (1,050 km) from northwest to southeast. The capital is Vientiane (Lao: Viangchan), located on the Mekong River in the northern portion of the country.
How many days do you need in Laos?
How Long to Spend in Laos. Most people spend one to two weeks in Laos and focus on the north or south during this time. If you want to visit most of Laos’ highlights, I recommend 3 to 4 weeks in Laos.
Is Laos cheaper than Vietnam?
But Laos is somewhat cheaper, although it does not have the diversity of attractions that Vietnam offers. In the last decade, tourism has surged in Vietnam. Laos is one of the cheapest places in the world to visit, and is known for adventure travel, ecotourism, and its laid back atmosphere.
Is Laos safe for female Travellers?
Laos is considered to be one of the safest Asian countries for women. Solo female travelers in Laos should follow standard safety protocol by avoiding walking in unlit areas at night and staying aware of their surroundings.
What is the best time to visit Laos?
The small, landlocked country of Laos is best visited between October and April, when the weather’s warm and dry throughout. River travel is best between November and January, when high water levels make passage easy along Laos’ main waterway, the Mekong River.
Is Laos cheaper than India?
India is 52.4% cheaper than Laos.