- 1 Is Laos safe for tourists?
- 2 Where should I stay in Laos?
- 3 Where can I go in Laos for 3 days?
- 4 Why is Laos so dangerous?
- 5 Is Laos expensive?
- 6 How much is a meal in Laos?
- 7 What is the Laos currency?
- 8 How many days do you need in Laos?
- 9 Is Luang Prabang worth visiting?
- 10 Where do you fly into Laos?
- 11 Can you drink the water in Laos?
- 12 Is Laos safe for female Travellers?
- 13 What language is spoken in Laos?
Is Laos safe for tourists?
Laos is a relatively safe country for travellers, although certain areas remain off-limits because of unexploded ordnance left over from decades of warfare. As tranquil as Laos can seem, petty theft and serious crimes do happen throughout the country – even on seemingly deserted country roads.
Where should I stay in Laos?
6 special places to stay in Laos
- Settha Palace Hotel, Vientiane.
- Ban Pako (Lao Pako) Eco Lodge.
- Luang Say Residence, Luang Prabang.
- Muang La Resort, Muang La.
- The River Resort, near Champasak.
- The Last Resort, Don Det.
Where can I go in Laos for 3 days?
8 things you must do on a 3 day visit to Luang Prabang
- Walk through the old town of Luang Prabang.
- Take sunset cruise in the Mekong.
- Explore Luang Prabang night market.
- Alms-giving ceremony.
- Walk up Mount Phousi.
- Visit Kuang Si Waterfall.
- Go to Laos’ only Buffalo farm.
- Take a boat trip to Pha Tad Ke Botanical garden.
Why is Laos so dangerous?
There is no trauma center in the country and should you get into an accident, you’ll have to get across the border to Thailand for treatment. There is rampant drinking and driving in Laos, which makes the roads more dangerous at night. Many people, including children, drive without a license.
Is Laos expensive?
Though expensive relative to its neighbors, Laos is still a cheap country to visit. You really have to try to spend money here. Most attractions are near cities and don’t require you to go with an organized group. You can either rent a motorbike or hire any number of tuk-tuk drivers.
How much is a meal in Laos?
While meal prices in Laos can vary, the average cost of food in Laos is ₭96,690 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Laos should cost around ₭38,676 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
What is the Laos currency?
Overall, the country extends about 650 miles (1,050 km) from northwest to southeast. The capital is Vientiane (Lao: Viangchan), located on the Mekong River in the northern portion of the country.
How many days do you need in Laos?
10 days to two weeks is an ideal time to spend in Laos on an introductory trip. The three stops are very well worn stops for the average backpacking tourist and you’ll find loads to do. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy it enough to make a return trip and visit some more out of the way places (as I did).
Is Luang Prabang worth visiting?
Yes, Luang Prabang is Still Worth a Visit Luang Prabang is definitely still worth a visit. In fact, for us, it was one of our highlights of Laos. Even though it’s touristy, it never felt too busy. The old town was a perfect place to walk around, relax and enjoy the stunning river views.
Where do you fly into Laos?
By air. Most people travel to Laos via Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi International Airport). Thai International Airways (THAI) and Lao Airlines operate flights between Bangkok and Vientiane Wattay International Airport (VTE). Bangkok Airways operates flights between Bangkok and Luang Prabang International Airport.
Can you drink the water in Laos?
Is Bottled Water Safe In Laos? Yes. Bottled water is the best choice for visitors to Laos. It is clean and safe to drink.
Is Laos safe for female Travellers?
Laos is considered to be one of the safest Asian countries for women. Solo female travelers in Laos should follow standard safety protocol by avoiding walking in unlit areas at night and staying aware of their surroundings.
What language is spoken in Laos?