- 1 What is the rainy season in Laos?
- 2 What should I avoid in Laos?
- 3 How many days do you need in Laos?
- 4 Is Laos dangerous to visit?
- 5 Does it snow in Laos?
- 6 What is the average temperature in Laos?
- 7 Is Laos expensive?
- 8 Is Laos safe for female Travellers?
- 9 Why is Laos not popular?
- 10 What can you do in Laos for a week?
- 11 What can you do in Laos in 3 days?
- 12 How much is a meal in Laos?
- 13 Do I need malaria tablets for Laos?
- 14 Is Laos cheaper than India?
What is the rainy season in Laos?
The dry season in Laos typically runs from October to April, and the wet season from May until September, with the heaviest rainfall generally in August & September, especially in the south.
What should I avoid in Laos?
11 Things You Should Never Do in Laos
- Don’t touch a monk.
- Don’t trek without a guide.
- Don’t argue with police.
- Don’t touch anyone with your feet.
- Don’t wear your shoes inside a home or temple.
- Don’t shout, argue or rush.
- Don’t make public displays of affection.
- Don’t buy antiques or wildlife products.
How many days do you need in Laos?
10 days to two weeks is an ideal time to spend in Laos on an introductory trip. The three stops are very well worn stops for the average backpacking tourist and you’ll find loads to do. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy it enough to make a return trip and visit some more out of the way places (as I did).
Is Laos dangerous to visit?
Laos is a relatively safe country for travellers, although certain areas remain off-limits because of unexploded ordnance left over from decades of warfare. Petty crime is more common in Vang Vieng than just about anywhere else in Laos, with drunk (or stoned) tourists often leaving themselves open to theft and robbery.
Does it snow in Laos?
When can you find snow in Laos? Weather stations report no annual snow.
What is the average temperature in Laos?
Temperatures range from average highs around 40 degrees Celsius (104 degrees Fahrenheit) along the Mekong in March and April to lows of 5 degrees Celsius (41 Fahrenheit) or less in the uplands of Xiangkhoang and Phôngsali in January.
Is Laos expensive?
Though expensive relative to its neighbors, Laos is still a cheap country to visit. You really have to try to spend money here. Most attractions are near cities and don’t require you to go with an organized group. You can either rent a motorbike or hire any number of tuk-tuk drivers.
Is Laos safe for female Travellers?
Laos is considered to be one of the safest Asian countries for women. Solo female travelers in Laos should follow standard safety protocol by avoiding walking in unlit areas at night and staying aware of their surroundings.
Why is Laos not popular?
The US bombed the area so heavily that Laos is the most bombed country in history. Of all the bombs dropped, around 80 million failed to explode which continue to affect daily life in the country. Clearing the unexploded ordnance (UXO) could take hundreds of years and millions of dollars.
What can you do in Laos for a week?
Our quick guide to Luang Prabang includes a complete list of things to do, places to eat and drink and accommodation options in Luang Prabang.
- Mount Phou Si.
- Royal Palace Museum.
- Luang Prabang Old Town.
- Morning Market.
- Luang Prabang Night Market.
- Kuang Si Falls.
What can you do in Laos in 3 days?
8 things you must do on a 3 day visit to Luang Prabang
- Walk through the old town of Luang Prabang.
- Take sunset cruise in the Mekong.
- Explore Luang Prabang night market.
- Alms-giving ceremony.
- Walk up Mount Phousi.
- Visit Kuang Si Waterfall.
- Go to Laos’ only Buffalo farm.
- Take a boat trip to Pha Tad Ke Botanical garden.
How much is a meal in Laos?
While meal prices in Laos can vary, the average cost of food in Laos is ₭96,690 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Laos should cost around ₭38,676 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Do I need malaria tablets for Laos?
CDC recommends that travelers going to certain areas of Laos take prescription medicine to prevent malaria. Depending on the medicine you take, you will need to start taking this medicine multiple days before your trip, as well as during and after your trip.
Is Laos cheaper than India?
India is 52.4% cheaper than Laos.