- 1 How can I go to Laos?
- 2 Can Tourists enter Laos?
- 3 What is needed to enter Laos?
- 4 Is Laos expensive to travel?
- 5 Is Laos dangerous?
- 6 What can you do in Laos in 3 days?
- 7 How much is a Laos visa on arrival?
- 8 Do you need a visa to go to Laos?
- 9 Does Laos allow dual citizenship?
- 10 Can I get a visa on arrival in Laos?
- 11 Do I need a visa for Laos from UK?
- 12 How do I get a visa for Laos?
- 13 How many days do you need in Laos?
- 14 Is Laos cheaper than Vietnam?
How can I go to Laos?
One can reach Laos by water from Thai border via many means. There are speedboat, slow boat or by a deluxe one-day boat that will connect you to Luang Prabang. If travelling at slow boat, the journey takes two days usually with an overnight stay in Pak Beng.
Can Tourists enter Laos?
Usually, Laos is accessible to most travelers, and it is a safe place for tourists. Only a few foreign nationals can enter Laos visa-free for up to 14 or 15 days. Visitors who wish to stay for longer than this must apply for a Laos eVisa to do so. For all other travelers, the eVisa is a mandatory requirement.
What is needed to enter Laos?
Entry to Laos
- all foreigners must present a Certificate of Entry (issued by the MFA); a completed Health Declaration form; and a ‘Fit to Fly’ Certificate issued no more than 72 hours prior to travel.
- all arrivals will be subject to a COVID-19 test at their own expense.
Is Laos expensive to travel?
Though expensive relative to its neighbors, Laos is still a cheap country to visit. You really have to try to spend money here. Most attractions are near cities and don’t require you to go with an organized group. You can either rent a motorbike or hire any number of tuk-tuk drivers.
Is Laos dangerous?
Laos is a relatively safe country for travellers, although certain areas remain off-limits because of unexploded ordnance left over from decades of warfare. As tranquil as Laos can seem, petty theft and serious crimes do happen throughout the country – even on seemingly deserted country roads.
What can you do in Laos in 3 days?
8 things you must do on a 3 day visit to Luang Prabang
- Walk through the old town of Luang Prabang.
- Take sunset cruise in the Mekong.
- Explore Luang Prabang night market.
- Alms-giving ceremony.
- Walk up Mount Phousi.
- Visit Kuang Si Waterfall.
- Go to Laos’ only Buffalo farm.
- Take a boat trip to Pha Tad Ke Botanical garden.
How much is a Laos visa on arrival?
Note that all visitors must hold a passport that is valid for at least six months from the time of entry into Laos. Visas on arrival take just a few minutes to process, cost around $35, and are available to passengers flying into Luang Prabang Airport, Pakse Airport and Wattay Airport in Vientiane.
Do you need a visa to go to Laos?
Tourist visas are required. Tourist visas on arrival are available at certain ports of entry, and generally permit a stay of 30 days. You can extend the visa up to an additional 60 days through the Department of Immigration in Vientiane. At certain ports of entry, you can use an eVisa.
Does Laos allow dual citizenship?
BY BIRTH: Birth within the territory of Laos does not confer citizenship. DUAL CITIZENSHIP: NOT RECOGNIZED. LOSS OF CITIZENSHIP: VOLUNTARY: Voluntary renunciation of Laotian citizenship is permitted by law, however, permission must be granted by the National Assembly.
Can I get a visa on arrival in Laos?
Many nationalities are eligible for a Laos visa on arrival which can be obtained, as the name suggests, directly at the border upon arrival. The visa on arrival at the border allows for great flexibility in making travel arrangements as visitors do not need to plan their visa ahead.
Do I need a visa for Laos from UK?
Yes, British citizens require a visa before they can enter Laos. Just like other European countries, Britain is one of the eligible countries that can apply for a Laos visa online through the eVisa platform.
How do I get a visa for Laos?
To apply for a Laos Visa at an embassy, you have to:
- Get in touch with the nearest embassy or consulate.
- Complete e Laos visa application form and submit it along with the required documents. You can find a Laos visa application on the website of the embassy or consulate.
- Pay the Laos visa fee.
How many days do you need in Laos?
How Long to Spend in Laos. Most people spend one to two weeks in Laos and focus on the north or south during this time. If you want to visit most of Laos’ highlights, I recommend 3 to 4 weeks in Laos.
Is Laos cheaper than Vietnam?
But Laos is somewhat cheaper, although it does not have the diversity of attractions that Vietnam offers. In the last decade, tourism has surged in Vietnam. Laos is one of the cheapest places in the world to visit, and is known for adventure travel, ecotourism, and its laid back atmosphere.