- 1 How do you say Grandma in Sudan?
- 2 What do they call Grandma in South Africa?
- 3 How do you say Grandpa in Cuban?
- 4 Does Gigi mean Grandma?
- 5 What is a YaYa Grandma?
- 6 What does EUY mean in Lao?
- 7 What are you called instead of grandma?
- 8 What is a good grandma name?
- 9 What do Jamaicans call their grandmother?
- 10 Does Popo mean grandpa?
- 11 Does Papi mean grandpa?
- 12 What do Ethiopians call their grandmas?
How do you say Grandma in Sudan?
Arabic translation: جدة If the term is to be used as a form of address, you would say JADDATI (my gandmother). Regional terms of endearment for grandmothers are interesting to learn. In my town (in Eastern Saudi Arabia) most people use HABBABA, not very different from the Sudanese HABBOBA. Both terms mean “beloved”.
What do they call Grandma in South Africa?
Kwazulu-Natal Province in South Africa Grandmas are lovingly known as “ gogo” or “ugogo” in the Zulu dialect.
How do you say Grandpa in Cuban?
Abuelito – Granddaddy / Grandpa In Spanish, abuelito is the direct translation of ‘grandaddy’ or ‘grandpa’. This word is one of the most popular ways to say granddad in Spanish. Since it’s a diminutive form, abuelito is a very lovable and affectionate word.
Does Gigi mean Grandma?
Another popular subset of unique names are those that are derived from the (most often) grandmother’s first name. So Gabby McCree is Gigi. “ It’s an abbreviation for ‘Grandma Gabby’ and also my initials growing up,” she says. “It’s more fun than Grandma,” she says.
What is a YaYa Grandma?
Greek: Maybe because it just sounds joyful, the Greek YaYa is a popular grandmother nickname. It’s sometimes hyphenated and sometimes rendered as YiaYia. Hawaiian: Tutu is often used for grandparents of both genders, although technically grandmothers are Tutu Wahine and grandfathers are Tutu Kane.
What does EUY mean in Lao?
@3lory Older sister means euy, and little sister still means Nong.
What are you called instead of grandma?
50 Grandma Names
- Memaw. This unique name for grandma is popular in the southern United States!
- Nanny. Much like the popular nanny Mary Poppins, this is a perfect name for a grandma who is sensible and sweet.
- Nonna. This quirky name means “grandma” in Italian.
What is a good grandma name?
Traditional Grandmother Names
- Gammy or Gamma or Gams.
- Gram or Grams.
- Grammy or Grammie.
- Grandma or Grandmaw.
What do Jamaicans call their grandmother?
“I know of one grandmother who has adopted the name, ‘ Mama,’ which is Jamaican for ‘grandmother,’ and believe me, she’s not Jamaican,” said Christine Crosby, founder and publisher of Florida-based Grand magazine.
Does Popo mean grandpa?
What does Popo mean in Cantonese? In Cantonese, Popo 婆婆 means any old lady or maternal grandmother. And Gonggong 公公 means any old man or maternal grandfather..
Does Papi mean grandpa?
Papi is grandfather. It’s more common to say “grandpa” and “grandma” though.
What do Ethiopians call their grandmas?
For Swahili, the most widely spoken language across the continent, your grandmother is your Bibi and your grandfather Babu. Amharic is another widely spoken language and the official language of Ethiopia, where grandmothers are Āyatē and grandfathers Āyati.