- 1 What do I need to know before going to Laos?
- 2 What do I need to know before I go to Thailand?
- 3 What should I avoid in Laos?
- 4 Is Laos dangerous to visit?
- 5 How long do you need to spend in Laos?
- 6 What are Laotians known for?
- 7 What things are banned in Thailand?
- 8 What should I avoid in Thailand?
- 9 How much should I budget for a trip to Thailand?
- 10 What is the best time to visit Laos?
- 11 Is Laos cheap?
- 12 Is Laos safe for female Travellers?
- 13 How much is a meal in Laos?
- 14 Are there beaches in Laos?
- 15 Do I need malaria tablets for Laos?
What do I need to know before going to Laos?
So here they are, the eight things I wish I’d known before going to Laos:
- There’s plenty to see.
- Luang Prabang is lovely.
- The food is delicious.
- There’s no need to rush.
- There are plenty of outdoor activities to try.
- Laos is landlocked, but still has beaches.
- There’s a strong French influence.
What do I need to know before I go to Thailand?
8 Things To Know Before You Go to Thailand
- Avoid animal tourism.
- There are a lot of soi dogs.
- Do not feed the monkeys.
- Bargain responsibly.
- Invest in bug spray.
- Be wary of good deals.
- BYOT (Bring your own toilet paper)
- Mai pen rai.
What should I avoid in Laos?
11 Things You Should Never Do in Laos
- Don’t touch a monk.
- Don’t trek without a guide.
- Don’t argue with police.
- Don’t touch anyone with your feet.
- Don’t wear your shoes inside a home or temple.
- Don’t shout, argue or rush.
- Don’t make public displays of affection.
- Don’t buy antiques or wildlife products.
Is Laos dangerous to visit?
Laos is a relatively safe country for travellers, although certain areas remain off-limits because of unexploded ordnance left over from decades of warfare. Petty crime is more common in Vang Vieng than just about anywhere else in Laos, with drunk (or stoned) tourists often leaving themselves open to theft and robbery.
How long do you need to spend in Laos?
How Long to Spend in Laos. Most people spend one to two weeks in Laos and focus on the north or south during this time. If you want to visit most of Laos’ highlights, I recommend 3 to 4 weeks in Laos.
What are Laotians known for?
What is Laos Most Famous For?
- Luang Prabang.
- That Luang.
- Vang Vieng.
- Wat Sisaket.
- Bolaven Plateau and Tad Fane Waterfall.
- Buddha Park (Xieng Khuan)
- The Plain Of Jars.
What things are banned in Thailand?
5 Stranges Laws in Thailand; Legal peculiarities
- 1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on.
- 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency.
- 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement.
- 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.
What should I avoid in Thailand?
Top 10 things to avoid in Thailand
- Swim at the southern Andaman beaches in the low season.
- Hire a motorbike.
- Go to tiger or animal shows.
- Go to zoos.
- Ride an elephant.
- Get in a taxi or tuk tuk before negotiating your fare.
- Sign contracts without advice from a qualified Thai lawyer.
- Get in an argument with Thai police.
How much should I budget for a trip to Thailand?
You should plan to spend around ฿3,241 ($98) per day on your vacation in Thailand, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, ฿481 ($15) on meals for one day and ฿384 ($12) on local transportation.
What is the best time to visit Laos?
The small, landlocked country of Laos is best visited between October and April, when the weather’s warm and dry throughout. River travel is best between November and January, when high water levels make passage easy along Laos’ main waterway, the Mekong River.
Is Laos cheap?
Though expensive relative to its neighbors, Laos is still a cheap country to visit. You really have to try to spend money here. Most attractions are near cities and don’t require you to go with an organized group. You can either rent a motorbike or hire any number of tuk-tuk drivers.
Is Laos safe for female Travellers?
Laos is considered to be one of the safest Asian countries for women. Solo female travelers in Laos should follow standard safety protocol by avoiding walking in unlit areas at night and staying aware of their surroundings.
How much is a meal in Laos?
While meal prices in Laos can vary, the average cost of food in Laos is ₭96,690 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Laos should cost around ₭38,676 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Are there beaches in Laos?
Yes, that’s right, Laos is landlocked with no coastline or beaches, unless sitting on a sandbank by the Mekong is your idea of a beach holiday. However, don’t despair because a tour of Laos can easily be combined with a beach resort in Cambodia, Vietnam or Thailand.
Do I need malaria tablets for Laos?
CDC recommends that travelers going to certain areas of Laos take prescription medicine to prevent malaria. Depending on the medicine you take, you will need to start taking this medicine multiple days before your trip, as well as during and after your trip.