- 1 Does Laos have birth certificates?
- 2 Can I use a certificate of live birth to get a passport?
- 3 How do I get a birth certificate from Romania?
- 4 Is a Social Security card a proof of citizenship?
- 5 What counts as proof of citizenship?
- 6 What is the difference between birth certificate and certificate of birth?
- 7 How do I register my marriage in Romania?
- 8 How can I prove my citizenship without a birth certificate?
- 9 Do you automatically get a Social Security number at birth?
- 10 What proof do I need for a passport?
Does Laos have birth certificates?
There are no central registries of vital records in Laos.
Can I use a certificate of live birth to get a passport?
All certificates of live birth that meet the U.S. State Department requirements for a certified birth certificate are accepted as proof of citizenship. The birth certificate must have been filed within one year of the individual’s birth to be accepted for a passport application.
How do I get a birth certificate from Romania?
There is no central office for vital records in Romania. To obtain copies of birth, marriage, divorce, or death records, write to the Civil Registration District Office in the Town Hall where the event occurred. Vital records are on file from 1865 and in many cases, from much earlier.
Is a Social Security card a proof of citizenship?
If it is not possible to provide the required birth certificate, then an applicant must submit several forms of secondary evidence. A social security card is not considered adequate proof of citizenship. It is a statement made by a person that knows details of the applicant’s birth.
What counts as proof of citizenship?
Evidence of your claim to U.S. citizenship should include your parents’ birth certificates, marriage certificates, and naturalization certificates. You will also need your birth certificate, marriage certificate, or divorce decree to prove what your name is and to document any changes to your name.
What is the difference between birth certificate and certificate of birth?
The certificate of live birth simply verifies that you are medically alive, whereas the birth certificate verifies who you are, who your parents are, where you were born, and your date of birth. Without your birth certificate, you cannot prove who you are. This can cause many problems for yourself.
How do I register my marriage in Romania?
Romania – Register Marriage
- The declaration of marriage must be submitted by the spouses at the Civil Service Office in the municipality where they are residents.
- Submit the declaration together with other required documents (see list below).
How can I prove my citizenship without a birth certificate?
Early public records like a baptism certificate, U.S. Census records, U.S. school records, a hospital birth certificate, a family bible record, doctor or medical records, or Form DS-10 Birth Affidavit are accepted.
Do you automatically get a Social Security number at birth?
Most people apply for their child’s Social Security number at birth, usually at the hospital. When the time comes for your child’s first job, the number is already in place. For more information on getting your child a Social Security number and card, check out Social Security Numbers for Children.
What proof do I need for a passport?
Personal documents – You’ll need to bring all of the following: An original proof of citizenship document. An acceptable photo ID document. A photocopy of the front and back of the citizenship document and photo ID document.