- 1 Is Laos good for tourists?
- 2 Where should I stay in Laos?
- 3 What is the most visited place in Laos?
- 4 Why do tourists visit Laos?
- 5 What should I avoid in Laos?
- 6 Is Laos expensive?
- 7 What is the Laos currency?
- 8 What is Laos famous for?
- 9 What food is Laos famous for?
- 10 What is the best time to visit Laos?
- 11 What makes Laos special?
- 12 Do I need visa for Laos?
Is Laos good for tourists?
Laos is one of the world’s poorest nations, and consequently one of the cheapest Asian countries to travel in. Your largest expense is likely to be transport, with journeys usually costing between 60,000 and 120,000K; accommodation and food are very inexpensive.
Where should I stay in Laos?
6 special places to stay in Laos
- Settha Palace Hotel, Vientiane.
- Ban Pako (Lao Pako) Eco Lodge.
- Luang Say Residence, Luang Prabang.
- Muang La Resort, Muang La.
- The River Resort, near Champasak.
- The Last Resort, Don Det.
What is the most visited place in Laos?
Luang Prabang One of the most charming cities in south-east Asia, Luang Prabang is the most popular tourist attraction in Laos.
Why do tourists visit Laos?
Laos is an excellent place to visit for those who love to be in nature, or to participate in adventure activities. A popular choice for many tourists is trekking in the unexplored mountains or jungles to remote villages, cycling in the surrounding countryside, or kayaking down one of the many rivers in the country.
What should I avoid in Laos?
11 Things You Should Never Do in Laos
- Don’t touch a monk.
- Don’t trek without a guide.
- Don’t argue with police.
- Don’t touch anyone with your feet.
- Don’t wear your shoes inside a home or temple.
- Don’t shout, argue or rush.
- Don’t make public displays of affection.
- Don’t buy antiques or wildlife products.
Is Laos expensive?
Though expensive relative to its neighbors, Laos is still a cheap country to visit. You really have to try to spend money here. Most attractions are near cities and don’t require you to go with an organized group. You can either rent a motorbike or hire any number of tuk-tuk drivers.
What is the Laos currency?
Overall, the country extends about 650 miles (1,050 km) from northwest to southeast. The capital is Vientiane (Lao: Viangchan), located on the Mekong River in the northern portion of the country.
What is Laos famous for?
What is Laos Most Famous For?
- Luang Prabang.
- That Luang.
- Vang Vieng.
- Wat Sisaket.
- Bolaven Plateau and Tad Fane Waterfall.
- Buddha Park (Xieng Khuan)
- The Plain Of Jars.
What food is Laos famous for?
Top 10 foods to eat in Laos
- Kaipen. As the sun sets, a bowl of dried river weed from the Mekong river is easy to devour alongside a local beer or two.
- Khao soi Luang Prabang.
- Khao ji pâté
- Laos dips with sticky rice.
- Kua pak bong.
- Hua moo Luang Prabang.
- Nem luang.
- Tam mak hoong.
What is the best time to visit Laos?
The small, landlocked country of Laos is best visited between October and April, when the weather’s warm and dry throughout. River travel is best between November and January, when high water levels make passage easy along Laos’ main waterway, the Mekong River.
What makes Laos special?
Laos: a landlocked country in Southeast Asia with some of the shortest people in the world! Laos is also famous for having the tallest treehouse in the world, the oldest human fossil in Southeast Asia, and is considered one of the fastest-growing economies in all of Asia.
Do I need visa for Laos?
Your passport must have at least six months validity remaining from the date of entry and at least two blank visa pages. Tourist visas are required. Tourist visas on arrival are available at certain ports of entry, and generally permit a stay of 30 days. At certain ports of entry, you can use an eVisa.