- 1 What major tourist sites in Laos are located on the Mekong?
- 2 How can I go to Laos?
- 3 Can tourists visit Laos now?
- 4 What is the main transportation in Laos?
- 5 What is Laos famous for?
- 6 What food is Laos famous for?
- 7 Is Laos dangerous?
- 8 Do you need a visa for Laos?
- 9 Does Indian need visa for Laos?
- 10 Can I get a visa on arrival in Laos?
- 11 Does Laos allow dual citizenship?
- 12 How expensive is Laos?
- 13 How are goods transported in Laos?
- 14 Is water transportation essential in Laos?
- 15 What is the education like in Laos?
What major tourist sites in Laos are located on the Mekong?
10 Top Tourist Attractions in Laos
- Vieng Xai. flickr/Peter Garnhum.
- Pak Ou Caves. The Pak Ou Caves are located north of Luang Prabang on the Mekong river and can be reached by road or river boat.
- Wat Phu. flickr/prezius.
- Pha That Luang. flickr/A_E_P.
- Wat Xieng Thong.
- Plain of Jars.
- Si Phan Don.
- Vang Vieng.
How can I go to Laos?
- LUANG PRABANG: BY AIR.
- By bus from Thailand: From Chiang Rai, you can travel by bus or car to Chiang Khong on the Mekong river (the border), and then take a boat across to Houei Xai in Laos.
- VIENTIANE: BY AIR.
- CHAMPASAK PROVINCE: BY AIR.
- NORTHERN LAOS: BY AIR.
Can tourists visit Laos now?
General Travel Restrictions to Laos Usually, Laos is accessible to most travelers, and it is a safe place for tourists. Only a few foreign nationals can enter Laos visa-free for up to 14 or 15 days. Visitors who wish to stay for longer than this must apply for a Laos eVisa to do so.
What is the main transportation in Laos?
The buss is the main transportation in Laos and is very useful when you are traveling from its neighbors such as Thailand, Vietnam, or Cambodia. It is cost-saving compared to other transportation. But along with saving cost, it also takes a long hour to arrive in Laos.
What is Laos famous for?
What is Laos Most Famous For?
- Luang Prabang.
- That Luang.
- Vang Vieng.
- Wat Sisaket.
- Bolaven Plateau and Tad Fane Waterfall.
- Buddha Park (Xieng Khuan)
- The Plain Of Jars.
What food is Laos famous for?
Top 10 foods to eat in Laos
- Kaipen. As the sun sets, a bowl of dried river weed from the Mekong river is easy to devour alongside a local beer or two.
- Khao soi Luang Prabang.
- Khao ji pâté
- Laos dips with sticky rice.
- Kua pak bong.
- Hua moo Luang Prabang.
- Nem luang.
- Tam mak hoong.
Is Laos dangerous?
Laos is a relatively safe country for travellers, although certain areas remain off-limits because of unexploded ordnance left over from decades of warfare. As tranquil as Laos can seem, petty theft and serious crimes do happen throughout the country – even on seemingly deserted country roads.
Do you need a visa for Laos?
Regular entry requirements If you’re eligible for a visa when you enter Laos, make sure you get an entry stamp in your passport. Tourist visas can be extended 2 times and up to a total of 90 days. Tourists need to check in with the immigration every 30 days in order to obtain this extension.
Does Indian need visa for Laos?
add remove Do Indian citizens require a Visa to travel to Laos? They can get a visa upon arrival in Laos provided they have the valid travel documents. Laos Visa on arrival is issued for 30 days. All visitors must hold a passport that is valid for at least six months from the time of entry into Laos.
Can I get a visa on arrival in Laos?
Many nationalities are eligible for a Laos visa on arrival which can be obtained, as the name suggests, directly at the border upon arrival. The visa on arrival at the border allows for great flexibility in making travel arrangements as visitors do not need to plan their visa ahead.
Does Laos allow dual citizenship?
Laos does not allow its citizens to have dual nationality.
How expensive is Laos?
Overall Cost of Travel in Laos Laos is a country so laid back; if you’d like to follow their lifestyle and chill out, it’s possible to see it for about $10 per day (or a little less). I spent about $10 – $15 (80,000 to 120,000 Kip) per day, seeing plenty of things!
How are goods transported in Laos?
Transportation choices including bus and truck are becoming popular with travelers. The capital Vientiane is connected by asphalt road with other cities like Luang Prabang, Vang Vieng and Savannakhet. Be mindful that traveling by highway takes up to more than 10 hours than by plane.
Is water transportation essential in Laos?
Laos is a country in Asia, which possesses a number of modern transportation systems, including several highways and a number of airports. As a landlocked country, Laos possesses no ports or harbours on the sea, and the difficulty of navigation on the Mekong means that this is also not a significant transport route.
What is the education like in Laos?
In the current structure of Lao education, primary education is for five years (compulsory), followed by three years of lower secondary, three years of upper secondary, and then three to seven years of postsecondary education, dependent upon the field of study.