- 1 What is good about Laos?
- 2 What are people like in Laos?
- 3 What is the most fascinating thing about Laos?
- 4 Are Lao people nice?
- 5 Why is Laos so dangerous?
- 6 Is Laos a friendly country?
- 7 What language is spoken in Laos?
- 8 What do you call people from Laos?
- 9 What are three interesting facts about Laos?
- 10 What do Laos people do for fun?
- 11 What food is Laos famous for?
- 12 Are Laotians happy?
- 13 Is Vientiane nice?
- 14 What religion is Laos?
What is good about Laos?
Laos is an excellent place to visit for those who love to be in nature, or to participate in adventure activities. A popular choice for many tourists is trekking in the unexplored mountains or jungles to remote villages, cycling in the surrounding countryside, or kayaking down one of the many rivers in the country.
What are people like in Laos?
Lao people are kind and generous souls who are quick to laugh and tend to prioritize friends and family over work and responsibilities. The people of Laos are welcoming of travelers and eager to share their culture and traditions with visitors.
What is the most fascinating thing about Laos?
Zero ocean but thousands of islands Although Laos is a completely landlocked country, in the south of the country lies one of the most incredible natural attractions en route of the powerful Mekong River – Si Phan Don. Si Phan Don is more commonly known as The 4000 Islands.
Are Lao people nice?
Lao people are regarded as frank, open, very friendly, caring, genuine, polite, generous and giving. They also possess a strongly developed sense of courtesy and respect. Everyone who adheres to the latter will receive a warm welcome. Loyalty to family and friends is very important.
Why is Laos so dangerous?
There is no trauma center in the country and should you get into an accident, you’ll have to get across the border to Thailand for treatment. There is rampant drinking and driving in Laos, which makes the roads more dangerous at night. Many people, including children, drive without a license.
Is Laos a friendly country?
Laos is a relatively safe country for travellers, although certain areas remain off-limits because of unexploded ordnance left over from decades of warfare. As a visitor, however, you’re an obvious target for thieves (who may include your fellow travellers), so do take necessary precautions.
What language is spoken in Laos?
Regarding legal rights, women and men are considered equal. However, apart from age, gender is often the primary way social roles and practices are organised. Moreover, many families in Laos are involved in farming. In turn, family members will work the land together, often with a division of labour by gender.
What do you call people from Laos?
The main group is the ethnic Lao, who make up 53% of the population. A common mistake is to call people from Laos ‘Lao’. The correct term for people that live in Laos is ‘ Laotian ‘. The term ‘indigenous peoples’ is not used by the Laotian government. Instead, they refer to non-Lao people as ‘ethnic minorities’.
What are three interesting facts about Laos?
9 facts you might not know about Laos
- You can explore plains of ancient stone jars.
- The meals tend to be sticky.
- It’s the perfect country for coffee lovers.
- Buddhism is the biggest religion.
- There’s proof humans have inhabited Laos for a really long time.
- You can get a beer for a buck.
What do Laos people do for fun?
14 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions & Things to Do in Laos
- Kuang Si Caves & Waterfalls. Kuang Si Waterfalls.
- Sinouk Coffee Tour. Sinouk Coffee Tour | Photo Copyright: Anietra Hamper.
- Vientiane City Tour. Wat Si Saket.
- Elephant Village Sanctuary.
- 4000 Islands.
- Kong Lor Caves.
- Wat Phu.
- The Living Land Company.
What food is Laos famous for?
Top 10 foods to eat in Laos
- Kaipen. As the sun sets, a bowl of dried river weed from the Mekong river is easy to devour alongside a local beer or two.
- Khao soi Luang Prabang.
- Khao ji pâté
- Laos dips with sticky rice.
- Kua pak bong.
- Hua moo Luang Prabang.
- Nem luang.
- Tam mak hoong.
Are Laotians happy?
According to the recently published World Happiness Report, Laos ranks 110th out of 156 countries in happiness. Finland takes the crown as the happiest country on the planet, with all the Nordic countries ranking among the 10 happiest nations in the world.
Is Vientiane nice?
Is Vientiane worth it? I think the right answer is: it depends. If you are staying just one day and it’s one of your first trips to Asia, you might enjoy it. You can visit the temples, enjoy the local food and get a taste of the local life.
What religion is Laos?
Theravada Buddhism is the dominant religion of the ethnic or “lowland” Lao, who constitute 53.2 percent of the overall population. According to the LFNC and MOHA, the remainder of the population comprises at least 48 ethnic minority groups, most of which practice animism and ancestor worship.