- 1 Is Laos safe for tourists?
- 2 Where should I stay in Laos?
- 3 What is the most visited place in Laos?
- 4 What should I avoid in Laos?
- 5 Does Laos have a red light district?
- 6 What is the Laos currency?
- 7 How many days do you need in Laos?
- 8 Is Laos safe for female Travellers?
- 9 Are there beaches in Laos?
- 10 What is Laos famous for?
- 11 What food is Laos famous for?
- 12 What is the best time to visit Laos?
Is Laos safe for tourists?
Laos is a relatively safe country for travellers, although certain areas remain off-limits because of unexploded ordnance left over from decades of warfare. As tranquil as Laos can seem, petty theft and serious crimes do happen throughout the country – even on seemingly deserted country roads.
Where should I stay in Laos?
6 special places to stay in Laos
- Settha Palace Hotel, Vientiane.
- Ban Pako (Lao Pako) Eco Lodge.
- Luang Say Residence, Luang Prabang.
- Muang La Resort, Muang La.
- The River Resort, near Champasak.
- The Last Resort, Don Det.
What is the most visited place in Laos?
Luang Prabang One of the most charming cities in south-east Asia, Luang Prabang is the most popular tourist attraction in Laos.
What should I avoid in Laos?
11 Things You Should Never Do in Laos
- Don’t touch a monk.
- Don’t trek without a guide.
- Don’t argue with police.
- Don’t touch anyone with your feet.
- Don’t wear your shoes inside a home or temple.
- Don’t shout, argue or rush.
- Don’t make public displays of affection.
- Don’t buy antiques or wildlife products.
Does Laos have a red light district?
Lao Girl Price Actually, in some place in Vang Vieng, there is a red light district hidden just outside town. For each small stalls, it’s around 5 to 10 girls. It could be from 150,000 to 750,000 kip.
What is the Laos currency?
Overall, the country extends about 650 miles (1,050 km) from northwest to southeast. The capital is Vientiane (Lao: Viangchan), located on the Mekong River in the northern portion of the country.
How many days do you need in Laos?
How Long to Spend in Laos. Most people spend one to two weeks in Laos and focus on the north or south during this time. If you want to visit most of Laos’ highlights, I recommend 3 to 4 weeks in Laos.
Is Laos safe for female Travellers?
Laos is considered to be one of the safest Asian countries for women. Solo female travelers in Laos should follow standard safety protocol by avoiding walking in unlit areas at night and staying aware of their surroundings.
Are there beaches in Laos?
Yes, that’s right, Laos is landlocked with no coastline or beaches, unless sitting on a sandbank by the Mekong is your idea of a beach holiday. However, don’t despair because a tour of Laos can easily be combined with a beach resort in Cambodia, Vietnam or Thailand.
What is Laos famous for?
What is Laos Most Famous For?
- Luang Prabang.
- That Luang.
- Vang Vieng.
- Wat Sisaket.
- Bolaven Plateau and Tad Fane Waterfall.
- Buddha Park (Xieng Khuan)
- The Plain Of Jars.
What food is Laos famous for?
Top 10 foods to eat in Laos
- Kaipen. As the sun sets, a bowl of dried river weed from the Mekong river is easy to devour alongside a local beer or two.
- Khao soi Luang Prabang.
- Khao ji pâté
- Laos dips with sticky rice.
- Kua pak bong.
- Hua moo Luang Prabang.
- Nem luang.
- Tam mak hoong.
What is the best time to visit Laos?
The small, landlocked country of Laos is best visited between October and April, when the weather’s warm and dry throughout. River travel is best between November and January, when high water levels make passage easy along Laos’ main waterway, the Mekong River.