- 1 Can Tourist enter Laos now?
- 2 What is needed to enter Laos?
- 3 How long can a tourist stay in Laos?
- 4 How can I get Laos tourist visa?
- 5 How expensive is Laos?
- 6 Is Laos safe?
- 7 How much does a visa for Laos cost?
- 8 Can I get a visa on arrival in Laos?
- 9 Do I need a visa for Laos from us?
- 10 How long can I stay in Laos without a visa?
- 11 How can I stay in Laos long term?
- 12 How long is a Laos visa valid for?
- 13 How can I get work permit in Laos?
- 14 What is the Laos currency?
Can Tourist enter Laos now?
General Travel Restrictions to Laos Usually, Laos is accessible to most travelers, and it is a safe place for tourists. Only a few foreign nationals can enter Laos visa-free for up to 14 or 15 days. Visitors who wish to stay for longer than this must apply for a Laos eVisa to do so.
What is needed to enter Laos?
Entry to Laos
- all foreigners must present a Certificate of Entry (issued by the MFA); a completed Health Declaration form; and a ‘Fit to Fly’ Certificate issued no more than 72 hours prior to travel.
- all arrivals will be subject to a COVID-19 test at their own expense.
How long can a tourist stay in Laos?
Tourist visas are required. Tourist visas on arrival are available at certain ports of entry, and generally permit a stay of 30 days. You can extend the visa up to an additional 60 days through the Department of Immigration in Vientiane. At certain ports of entry, you can use an eVisa.
How can I get Laos tourist visa?
To get this Laos tourist visa it is necessary to go to a Lao Embassies or Lao Consulates abroad before entering Laos, and present a valid passport and complete an application form. To finalize the process, applicants need to pay a fee for the Laos tourist visa.
How expensive is Laos?
Overall Cost of Travel in Laos Laos is a country so laid back; if you’d like to follow their lifestyle and chill out, it’s possible to see it for about $10 per day (or a little less). I spent about $10 – $15 (80,000 to 120,000 Kip) per day, seeing plenty of things!
Is Laos safe?
Crime and safety. Laos is a relatively safe country for travellers, although certain areas remain off-limits because of unexploded ordnance left over from decades of warfare. As a visitor, however, you’re an obvious target for thieves (who may include your fellow travellers), so do take necessary precautions.
How much does a visa for Laos cost?
What is the cost to obtain a Laos Tourist eVisa? The cost ranges from USD 46.58 to USD 65.21 depending on your nationality. Please use our visa checker to find out the cost of your nationality. Additionally, there is a service fee of USD 30.00 for standard processing.
Can I get a visa on arrival in Laos?
Many nationalities are eligible for a Laos visa on arrival which can be obtained, as the name suggests, directly at the border upon arrival. The visa on arrival at the border allows for great flexibility in making travel arrangements as visitors do not need to plan their visa ahead.
Do I need a visa for Laos from us?
For US citizens you must have both a passport and visa to enter Laos; your passport must also have at least six months validity remaining. Travelers are encouraged to obtain visas in advance, however in some cases may obtain upon arrival. ItsEasy maintains the visa requirements to all countries, including laos.
How long can I stay in Laos without a visa?
Free stamp. Citizens coming from countries which are members of ASEAN (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam) are not required to get a Visa and they are allowed to stay in Laos for 30 days.
How can I stay in Laos long term?
You can extend your Laos visa at the Immigration Department in Vientiane or the Immigration Division Office of the province you are in. You have to apply for a visa extension before your current visa expires. You can get an extension of your 30-day tourist visa only two times, for a maximum stay of 90 days.
How long is a Laos visa valid for?
The Laos visa online is valid for 60 days from the date of approval. It allows a maximum stay of 30 days in Laos from the date of arrival in the country.
How can I get work permit in Laos?
The documents required for a Laos work visa are as follows:
- A passport valid for six months beyond the stay in Laos.
- A completed and signed Laos application form.
- A recent (taken within the last 6 months) passport photograph in color and with a plain and light background (meet the evisa photo requirements).
What is the Laos currency?
For most visitors to the Kingdom, visa are obtainable upon arrival at both Phnom Penh and Siem Reap International Airports in Phnom Penh and Siem Reap. Tourists also can get their visas prior to their arrival through a Cambodian Embassy or Consulate overseas.