- 1 Can you fly direct to Laos?
- 2 Is Laos dangerous to visit?
- 3 How much does a trip to Laos cost?
- 4 How can I travel to Laos in 2 weeks?
- 5 Why are flights to Laos so expensive?
- 6 Why is Laos so dangerous?
- 7 Is Laos safe for female Travellers?
- 8 What is the best time to visit Laos?
- 9 Is Laos more expensive than Thailand?
- 10 Is Laos cheaper than India?
- 11 What is there to do in Vientiane in 2 days?
- 12 What is the best itinerary for Thailand?
- 13 Where is the country Laos?
Can you fly direct to Laos?
Flying to Laos There are no direct flights from the USA or Europe; flights are mainly via Bangkok, China, Vietnam or Cambodia. Popular airlines flying into Laos include Bangkok Airways (www.bangkokair.com), Thai Airways (www.thaiair.com) and Vietnam Airlines (www.vietnamairlines.com).
Is Laos dangerous to visit?
Laos is a relatively safe country for travellers, although certain areas remain off-limits because of unexploded ordnance left over from decades of warfare. Petty crime is more common in Vang Vieng than just about anywhere else in Laos, with drunk (or stoned) tourists often leaving themselves open to theft and robbery.
How much does a trip to Laos cost?
Overall Cost of Travel in Laos Laos is a country so laid back; if you’d like to follow their lifestyle and chill out, it’s possible to see it for about $10 per day (or a little less). I spent about $10 – $15 (80,000 to 120,000 Kip) per day, seeing plenty of things!
How can I travel to Laos in 2 weeks?
2 week Laos travel itinerary
- Day 1: Slow boat from Huay Xai to Pak Beng.
- Day 2: Slow boat from Pak Beng to Luang Prabang.
- Day 3-7: Explore Luang Prabang.
- Day 8: Travel from Luang Prabang to Vang Vieng.
- Day 9-11: Explore Vang Vieng.
- Day 12: Travel from Vang Vieng to Vientiane.
- Day 13-14: Explore Vientiane.
Why are flights to Laos so expensive?
There’s a reason Laos is slightly more expensive when compared to the rest of Southeast Asia. Few things here are locally produced and, because the country is landlocked, it has to import almost everything. That raises prices for goods, services, and transportation.
Why is Laos so dangerous?
There is no trauma center in the country and should you get into an accident, you’ll have to get across the border to Thailand for treatment. There is rampant drinking and driving in Laos, which makes the roads more dangerous at night. Many people, including children, drive without a license.
Is Laos safe for female Travellers?
Laos is considered to be one of the safest Asian countries for women. Solo female travelers in Laos should follow standard safety protocol by avoiding walking in unlit areas at night and staying aware of their surroundings.
What is the best time to visit Laos?
The small, landlocked country of Laos is best visited between October and April, when the weather’s warm and dry throughout. River travel is best between November and January, when high water levels make passage easy along Laos’ main waterway, the Mekong River.
Is Laos more expensive than Thailand?
Should I visit Thailand or Laos? This is a popular question for many travelers. By figuring out which country is more expensive, you’ll understand where you’ll get more bang for your buck. A week in Laos can cost you about $185 (per person), while a week in Thailand may cost you around $686.
Is Laos cheaper than India?
India is 52.4% cheaper than Laos.
What is there to do in Vientiane in 2 days?
The Best Things to do in Vientiane
- Visit COPE in Vientiane.
- Get The Best Views of Vientiane from Patuxai.
- Eat Banh Mi in Vientiane.
- Visit the Buddha Park in Vientiane – Xieng Khuang.
- Visit the BeerLao factory near Vientiane.
- Visit Phra That Luang in Vientiane.
- Visit the Vientiane Night Market.
What is the best itinerary for Thailand?
A Two-Week Travel Itinerary to Thailand
- Day 1: Arrive in Bangkok and go Shopping.
- Day 2: Visit Wat Arun, Wat Pho, and Wat Phra Kaew Before Having Dinner in Chinatown.
- Day 3: Fly to Phuket, Swim at Freedom Beach, and go out on Bangla Road.
- Day 4: Head to Koh Phi Phi and Take to the Viewpoints.
Where is the country Laos?
Laos is an independent republic, and the only landlocked nation in Southeast Asia, northeast of Thailand, west of Vietnam. It covers 236,800 square kilometers in the center of the Southeast Asian peninsula and it is surrounded by Myanmar (Burma), Cambodia, the People’s Republic of China, Thailand, and Vietnam.